Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Brad Paisley and Wampler Pedals, George Lynch, Neal Schon news...

 The Scoop

There's been a TON of things going on this month for us...NAMM went very well for us, and we are in the process of working on custom pedals for George Lynch, Neal Schon, and several other well known players as a result of NAMM.

However, I wanted to let you know about the new Pinnacle 2 reissue video I just uploaded. You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HbpZNXJd4

More info about the pinnacle here: http://www.wamplerpedals.com/pinnacle_2_reissue


Brad Paisley and Wampler Pedals
I'm not sure if you are a country music fan or not, but I'm pretty sure you are familiar with who Brad Paisley is. If not, let me just say he's a MONSTER of a guitarist, great singer and songwriter as well. I've been
a huge fan of his for a while and found out last year that he was using my analogecho pedal that he purchased from www.truetonemusic.com.

After purchasing the analogecho he picked up the ego compressor and underdog overdrive as well.

I was invited to come down and meet him last week and had the chance to sit down and chat about gear quite a bit. I was floored by how humble of a guy he was - truly refreshing!! Just such a cool person.

I found out that he actually went to TrueTone Music and tried out tons of their delay pedals and picked mine out of all of them because it sounded best to him... that made me feel... well, I don't think there is a word
for it. Flattered x 10,000!

Now, I'm not meaning to boast, but I wanted to sure share with you a little personal victory in this, as I've said I was a huge fan for along time!

Anyway, I took some pictures of Brad's gear for you to check out, here is the link to view them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7297852@N05/sets/72157623263677258/

I just wanted to thank YOU for your interest in my pedals, and spreading the word which resulted in this little personal dream coming true for me!

2 comments:

Mr. Gruber said...

Very exciting stuff. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Attention wamplerpedals.com Webmaster:
(tried emailing this to webmaster@wamplerpedals.com and it bounced)

I'm trying to contact Brian. However, as a computer user who is blind, I cannot fill in the security code field on your contact form at wamplerpedals.com

interestingly, I have no trouble with the captcha varification on this blog!

I'm even using a plug-in for Firefox that usually can solve Captchas, (it's called Webvisum), but it can't give me the correct text either. It offers me the text string "contact", which isn't correct.

Can you modify this security feature so it is accessible?
Possible solutions include using an image that the Webvisum plug-in can decode, or offering an audio rendering of the characters. (this audio option is how Paypal and other sites have made their captcha varifications more accessible)

In the meantime, could you forward the following on to Brian?

Thanks,
Chris

Original Contact form contents follow:

Name: Chris Smart

E-mail: chris_s@sympatico.ca

Comments:

Hi Brian.

Sorry for such a long e-mail. I hope you can help me decide which of your overdrive/distortion pedals to get. Unfortunately, I can only afford one at this time.

Where I'm coming from:
I'm in my 30's as well, so we probably grew up listening to and admiring a lot of the same tones. :) I'm one of those picky guys (blind guy with perfect pitch, audio mastering engineer and all around tuning Nazi). I gave up on pedals years ago, after trying a Boss metalzone, and hating how it destroyed my guitar's sound. Don't get me going on all the TS9/808 copies ...

Fast-forward more than a decade, and the review of the Pinnacle at the Twelfth Fret's site got me all curious... they only carry the best stuff.

I'm so impressed with the sound samples on your site!!! They do sound like amps, and that's hearing lower quality compressed audio samples. They must sound pretty amazing in person!

My problem is this - I need something that can go from slightly broken-up bluesy to full shred. It looks like you offer several flavors of Marshall, your take on Vox, the Mesa sound, your take on the Dumble ... and my head is spinning! How do I choose? I teach part-time as well, grew up on Metallica and early death metal, but also went to college for jazz and love the blues. I need something versatile.

Are any of the Marshallish pedals and the Cranked AC more one-trick ponies, so I can at least rule out a couple options?

(I would be running your pedal into the clean channel of a Traynor combo amp (2 EL34's, vintage 30 1X12 closed back). Does one of your pedals do both the bluesy breakup and tight dynamic high-gain thing better than the rest?

I might, if the Traynor is British-izing things too much, look for an old Fender, if I find the right pedal to put in front of it.

If I can't choose, I hope you have a 3-4 mode pedal in the works, a preamp really, buffer plus all of your designs in one box. *laughs* a "Sansamp" for the 21st century?


Thanks for any help. I can't be the only one trying to figure this out and a little bewildered by all the excelent choices.

Sincerely,
Chris Smart